Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a broad field of computer science that involves the development of intelligent machines that can perform tasks that normally require human intelligence. AI technology is a multidisciplinary science with multiple methods, but advances in machine learning and deep learning are groundbreakings in almost every field of the technology industry.
Few examples of AI :
- Smart assistants (like Siri and Alexa).
- Disease mapping and prediction tools.
- Manufacturing and drone robots.
- Optimized, personalized healthcare treatment recommendations.
- Conversational bots for marketing and customer service.
- Robo-advisors for stock trading.
How does AI work ?
To understand How Artificial Intelligence actually works, one needs to deep dive into the various sub domains of Artificial Intelligence and understand how those domains could be applied into the various fields of the industry.
- Machine learning(ML): ML teaches a machine how to make conclusions and decisions based on previous experience; Recognize patterns, analyze past data to infer the meaning of these data points, to draw a possible conclusion without having to involve human experience; This automation of drawing conclusions by analyzing data saves companies time and helps them make better decisions.
- Deep learning: Deep Learning is a ML technique. It teaches a machine to process inputs through layers in order to classify, infer and predict the outcome.
- Neutral network: Neutral networks work on principles similar to those of human neutral cells. They are a set of algorithms that capture the relationship between different underlying variants and process the data like a human brain.
- Natural language processing(NLP): NLP is the science of using machines to read, understand, and interpret language. Once the machine understands what the user is trying to convey, it will respond accordingly.
- Computer Vision: Computer vision algorithms attempt to understand an image by breaking down an image and examining different parts of objects, which helps the machine classify a series of images and learn from them to make a better output decision based on previous observations.
- Cognitive Computing: Cognitive computing algorithms try to mimic a human brain by analyzing text/speech/images/objects in a way that a human does and trying to provide the output desired.
How is AI used?
There are two categories in which AI is used :
- Narrow AI : This type of artificial intelligence, sometimes referred to as “weak AI”, operates in a limited context and is a simulation of human intelligence. Narrow AI often focuses on doing a single task extremely well, and while these machines may appear intelligent, they operate under far more constraints and limitations than even the most basic human intelligence.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI): AGI, sometimes referred to as “strong AI”, is the type of artificial intelligence we see in movies, like robots from Westworld or data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. AGI is a machine with general intelligence and, similar to a human being, can use this intelligence to solve any problem.
If you are excited about introducing Artificial Intelligence in your marketing strategy, we at Namastetu would be glad to help.