YouTube SEO as the name suggests, is for optimizing your videos to rank higher in the YouTube search engine. YouTube SEO is about the ranking of our videos in mainstream search results, but to understand how to optimize the YouTube search engine, we also need to understand how YouTube’s algorithms work.
How does the YouTube SEO algorithm work?
Two important aspects of the YouTube algorithm are:
- Well-optimized and relevant titles, descriptions, and video content.
- User Engagement-When your video gets more likes and views, YouTube’s algorithm will treat it as a signal to improve your video’s search ranking on YouTube.
Ideas for YouTube SEO Strategy :
- Find the right keywords: Paid keyword research tools can provide you with valuable information on the best keywords to use to optimize your videos. Use keyword research tools especially for YouTube. You’ll get to see all kinds of statistics with this tool – including trending videos, related terms, and more.
- Find your Competitor’s most popular video: Your competitor is targeting an audience similar to yours. Hence, it is a good idea to see what videos your audience loves.
- Include accurate closed caption: YouTube will automatically transcribe your videos to provide automatic subtitles. However, YouTube’s automatic subtitles are only 70% accurate, which makes them incomprehensible and often embarrassing.
- Add transcript to your video description: The video description is the best option for displaying your transcript on YouTube. The description field fits 5,000 characters, which is usually enough to fit a transcript for a dialogue-heavy, 10-minute video. If your transcript doesn’t fit or you want to include other important information in the description, like a call-to-action, you can add a truncated version with a link to the full version on a separate web page.
- Add YouTube cards and end screens: YouTube cards are notifications that prompt users to take whatever action they want while your video is on. Once configured, the maps will appear in the top right of your videos for users to click and explore. Since YouTube aims to keep people on YouTube, flashcards are a great way to improve your ranking.
To learn more about YouTube SEO take the help of Namastetu technologies for making your branding at another level.